2 large eggs (+ black pepper /mixed herbs)
2 chilli frankfurters
2 spring onions
Chunk of lard or butter
4 lettuce leaves, beetroot + olive oil for side.
- Gather everything; stick the pan on med. with lard.
- Prep omelette contents & add to now hot pan.
- Crack, beat, season eggs.
- Toss contents of pan & add eggs evenly.
- Shred lettuce onto plate, drizzle with oil + beetroot chunks.
- Generously grate parmesan onto omelette.
- Fold & serve (cut in half looks cool)
In 10 mins you have a tasty, filling meal with about 4 of your “5-a-day”, about 25g protein and some fat for energy. Really low carb, so you can have a bit of fruit for dessert or, like I chose on this occasion, some unsweetened organic yoghurt. Cost about £1.50 not counting the yoghurt. I’ll be enjoying this most days, until the winter fry-ups return.